Monday, May 01, 2006

Second socks

After seeing my first pair of socks, DD decided she wanted a pair too, but thicker, to wear under her riding boots. After much deliberation she chose Regia 6-ply 'Passion' as her yarn of choice, and I got started.

These are not a complete success, truth be told. DD is delighted with them (insisting on wearing them with sandals as well as under her riding boots), which is, I suppose, what really matters. The problem for me is that I tried short row heels for the first time, and they just didn't work. Oh yes, the heels function as heels should, and the socks are perfectly fit for their purpose, but there are unsightly holes along the sides of the heels, and for me that's not good enough. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I also didn't really care for knitting socks in 6-ply, truth be told. I prefer my nice thin DPNs and skinny 4-ply.

Next on the needles is some gorgeous Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock wool, colour 'Black Purl', being knitted up into a pair of socks for DH. Absolutely beautiful colours, I'm loving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home