Friday, April 07, 2006

Easter preparations

The kids (DD in particular, who is a chocaholic) have been nagging me to buy them Easter eggs. I argue that too much chocolate isn't good for them, and anyway, as we're not Christians then we shouldn't really be celebrating Easter.

Of course, I love chocolate too, and even though Easter isn't in our religious calender, as a rite of Spring it has resonance for me. So my compromise is an Easter egg hunt, with a few (well, OK, lots) of small eggs instead of one humongous one each. I enjoy hiding them, the kids enjoy looking for them, and I enjoy watching the kids look for them.

One year my stepfather hid them and forgot where. The hunt lasted until nearly lunchtime! And last year my mother-in-law finally found the last egg tucked away in a pot on her mantelpiece a fortnight after Easter. Every year I resolve to count them before hiding them, but somehow I never get round to it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home